Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Things are Looking Up...Really!

After my last post this morning, I realized that it sounds completely depressing.  Surprisingly, I am not depressed and I thought I should also tell about some encouraging news I got earlier this week.

I have finally been given a diagnosis of  Rheumatoid arthritis (they are keeping the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia too) and that is GREAT!  It means that there is now a course of action with proper treatment.  It means that I can finally start feeling better.  I was told that in as little as two weeks (once treatment has started) I will start to feel some relief and eventually, will be back to about 95% of my old self!!!  I can't even begin to imagine!  What shall I ever do with my old self???

  • YOGA!!!  I was at a meeting this month and as a treat, someone was brought in to practise some yoga with us ladies.  I refused the offer and stayed in another room because I was not feeling too great.  I think that may have been a mistake.  I walked back into the room before they were finished and felt like a love-sick puppy.  I wanted to get down there with them.  The dim lighting, the calming music, slow movement was calling to me.  I remembered my first yoga experience and tried to remember why I ever stopped.  I need to make yoga a part of my life again.  My body and soul need it too.  If you have never tried...I encourage you to go for it.  

  • Walks with the family.  We have beautiful property.  Not once this year, actually it has been longer because I broke my foot prior to this mess, did I walk our property.

  • Dance...with my friends.  I can't tell you how much I miss that kind of fun.

  • Plan more family outings.

  • Take better care of myself.  Because I will have the energy too.  And because I owe it to myself and my family to do so.
I know that as I get stronger and start to feel better this list will grow.  Right now these are the things I am anxious to get to.

I always try to look for the positive in any situation to make the best of it.  This situation has sucked.  It hasn't been easy.  There have been many good things that have come of it. Enough that I may just forget about the bad.  When I am on the other side of this I hope to remember how far I have come and not all that I lost.  What I do know, what I have always known, is that you need to learn from and move on to better things.  Remember, but do not dwell on. 

TWO WEEKS BABY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment